re "foodie"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 9 05:46:58 UTC 2011

By the way, I need to be educated here. OED lists Gourmet b. as
"attributive and quasi-adjective". Is there any reason why "gourmet
food" or "gourmet meal" does not have "gourmet" as just an adjective? It
might have been attributive initially (i.e., food fit for a gourmet),
but that is certainly not how it is used now. To make things even more
interesting, we now have gourmet cuts, gourmet spices, gourmet
preparations, gourmet quality, etc.

     VS-)