so = 'absolutely; utterly; such'

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 9 17:00:19 UTC 2011

For me, the paradigmatic difference is between "Ma'an! You're SO
busted!" vs. "We were so busted that ...". The former is very 1980s,
matching AZ's "GenX" label. The latter is fairly routine throughout the
20th century.

As for JL's original observation, there appears to be an equivalent
"such" that seems rather ordinary today. (But, "You're SUCH busted!"
doesn't work, even though, "You're such a douche!" is just fine.)

     VS-)