Retarded - good

Wed Dec 14 17:53:43 UTC 2011

A New York Times article mentioned a single with a side titled "Get
Retarded". An article in Vibe stated that the record was released in
1987. A version of the lyrics are available at the archive Ohhla.
YouTube has an audio track. (Links below.)

Cite: 1995 January 29, New York Times, Icon of Rap World at Home on
the South Shore by Anita M. Samuels, New York. (nytimes.com online New
York Times database; Accessed 2011 December 14)

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/01/29/nyregion/icon-of-rap-world-at-home-on-the-south-shore.html
Short link: http://goo.gl/vpckS

[Begin excerpt]
At 17, Mr. Mack had a single, "Get Retarded/Just Rhymin," as part of
the M.C. Ez & Troup, on Sleeping Bag Records. That gained a bit of
money and fame, but it was short lived.
[End excerpt]

Cite: 1995 February, Vibe, Mack Daddy, Start Page 50, Quote Page 51,
Publisher John Rollins, New York. (Google Books full view)

http://books.google.com/books?id=Fy0EAAAAMBAJ&q=retarded#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
At 17, Craig achieved local notoriety as MC Ez with the 1987 single
"Get Retarded/Just Rhymin." But his label, Sleeping Bag Records,
folded, and Craig found himself back at square one.
[End excerpt]

YouTube audio for "Get Retarded"
MC EZ & Troup - Get Retarded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk9RaIel9kc

Ohhla lyrics for "Get Retarded": The phrase appears several times in the song.
http://www.ohhla.com/anonymous/rap_comp/ego_trip/retarded.ego.txt

[Begin excerpt]
Artist: MC EZ & Troup
Album:  Ego Trip * The Big Playback
Song:   Get Retarded
Typed by: OHHLA Webmaster DJ Flash

        ..* Ego Trip's "Book of Rap Lists"; p. 30 *..

{EDITOR'S NOTE: MC EZ is better known as "Craig Mack"}

Once again, on the B-side, is the most delightful sounds
of Diamond J EZ -- yo, so funky, so so funky
Yo so smart.. I get retarded
[End excerpt]