Modern Sense of "Stalk," v.

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 20 03:04:19 UTC 2011

"The Bean Stalks Again"

Billy Byers & His Orch., feat. Coleman Hawkins, ten. sax.

released Bluebird, Jul 1956

O've long assumed that this was a pun. Instead of there being simply
beanstalks, the beans themselves had become animate and were literally
stalking.

Youneverknow,

Of course, everybody knows that

The Lone Ranger rides again!