church bloopers

Bonnie Taylor-Blake b.taylorblake at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 24 00:57:38 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 10:58 AM, James A. Landau
<JJJRLandau at netscape.com> <JJJRLandau at netscape.com> wrote:

> "Marriage: An Institution to Be Endured."
> --The subject of a sermon that should have read, "An Institution to Endure."

This reminds me of a sheet of paper I saw posted on a bulletin board
at my parents' retirement community a couple years ago.

It had originally announced an upcoming on-site ecumenical service
simply titled "Love Is ... ," so themed because it was to be given on
Valentine's Day, which happened to fall on a Sunday that year.
Trouble is, the service had to be called off due to bad weather.

By the time I saw the flyer, it had been amended with a big
"CANCELLED" scrawled in Sharpie underneath the sermon title.

My dad chuckled about that for weeks.

-- Bonnie