_STRAC_ "gung-ho, 'GI,' 'SOP,' soldierly, in a military manner,"

John Fitzpatrick grendel.jjf at VERIZON.NET
Sat Dec 24 23:18:54 UTC 2011

Darla Wells wrote:
<<When I was in, in the late 70's, strac(k) meant to have your stuff in good
military order and to be squared away and ready to go.>>

I entered in October '69, and that's what it meant, but with a touch of
to-the-nines spit-and-polish.  I heard it from a few barracks mates during
training, but I don't recall it being used much in any of my duty units.
For one reason or another, they were not the sort of people who would bother
themselves about such a standard.

Seán Fitzpatrick
“The heart that you break..
that’s the one that you rely on.”