tare (verb and adj.), tarer -- antedatings?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Dec 28 19:34:51 UTC 2011

I think Ben is right, my 1598 and 1674 instances
of "tared" are "taxed".  Which would explain why
I thought the first meant "taxed"!  As well as my
mystification about the second.  The Gothic faced
"r" and "x" are almost indistinguishable.  But I
still claim I read the font better than Google Books Plain text.

However, the 1740 and 1753 still seem to be antedatings.

Joel