Youneverknow.

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 1 21:03:50 UTC 2011

I'm not surprised or amazed that it's old, but I am surprised and
amazed that such a common, ordinary, useful phrase should be something
that was, for me, only the title of a song and nothing else. And it's
also true that, if not for the Beatles' song, I wouldn't have paid any
attention to the occurrence of the phrase in the song. Considering
that I've been a fan of Charles Brown since the '40's and had heard
the blues song when it was new - I was fourteen, then - it's kind of
surprising that the Beatles' song didn't at least cause me to recall
the line from Brown's old song, where it occurs in a context that
makes its meaning perfectly clear.

Youneverknow.

Thank you for the info!
--