whole nine yards (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wed Feb 9 17:20:28 UTC 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Have the nine shipyards spoken of by Adm Land in 1942 ever been
identified?  Were there more of them by the end of the war?

If nine is an accurate count for only a short period of time in
mid-1942, and by the end of the war more plants had come on-line, then
it seems odd that media 15 years later would remember only "nine yards".

I'm not saying this is the case, but it seems to be an issue that would
have to be investigated and ruled out for Stephen's hypothesis to hold
true.

Behalf Of