ostension

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 10 23:34:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> aluminum pop-tops for the supposed purpose of helping to save terribly ill children

Preceded by, IME, collecting the red-cellophane tear-strips used to
open cigarette packs, followed by collecting the foil wrappers lining
those packs.

I can't say that anybody actually got around to doing either of these
things, but they were often referred to as "a good thing to do" for
the children of the truly poor.

--
-Wilson
–––