"Cock"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 11 04:09:57 UTC 2011

"Miss Wilkins' Cock" starting on p.36 of the _Fanny Hill's Bang-Up Reciter_
employs the same pun except that here the putative (and I use the term
advisedly) referent is a water faucet.

P. 39 has "fanny" in what is presumably the British sense.

I'm led to believe that anybody with few hundred idle clams (that's "idle"
clams) to dispose of should find this imminent publication of great cultural
and lexicographical value:

http://www.pickeringchatto.com/major_works/bawdy_songbooks_of_the_romantic_period
JL