"_sum total_"

Geoffrey Nunberg nunberg at ISCHOOL.BERKELEY.EDU
Thu Feb 17 05:26:16 UTC 2011

Yes, this seems to be exactly the same phenomenon. (The only
difference I can see is that 'trésor trové' hasn't had a marginal life
in English the way 'summa totalis' has, so substitution wouldn't be
even a theoretical possibility.) Just one more example and it will be
a nameworthy phenomenon. Decalquemania?

Geoff