Strange use of "baby daddy"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Feb 19 02:03:31 UTC 2011

At 5:12 PM +0000 2/18/11, Charles C Doyle wrote:
>Is the association of Darth Vader with the African American identity
>of the actor James Earl Jones an intended aspect of the comedy here?
>
>--CD

I thought we were all assuming that (although perhaps that hadn't
been mentioned in the earlier discussion); at least I was.  And the
allusion is about as "funny" as similar "jokes" characterizing Obama
told by his political enemies.  (I've seen a bunch of those excerpted
on The Daily Show, but I'm sure they're all over the web.)

LH