Strange use of "baby daddy"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 19 03:46:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Randy Alexander
<strangeguitars at gmail.com> wrote:
> the Robot Chicken parodies

It's in the RC parody that I *first* heard,

"Luke, I *am* your baby daddy."

Perhaps I'm being uncharacteristically naive;-) or overly sanguine,
but a possible connection between the (mis-)use of _baby daddy_ and
the fact that Darth Vader is voiced by a black man hadn't  occurred to
me, though it might have, were RC's misuse of _baby['s] daddy_ unique.

This is not to say that I'm unaware of the fact that the majority of
Adult Swim's animated cartoons ooze racism, sexism, and anti-Semitism.
Rather, it's that I've always taken it to be satire, in cases such as
that in which "Peter" The Family Guy puts up an effigy of Hitler at
his front door and calls it a "scare-Jew" or like that in which "Uncle
Ruckus (no relation)" of The Boondocks (himself a black man, for the
unhip) says that "niggers ought to get down on their knees and thank
White Jesus that the white man was kind enough to take us out the
jungle, give us jobs, and add *structure* to our lives!"

--
-Wilson
-----