"Clunker" not in OED?

Sat Feb 19 20:56:30 UTC 2011

Kudos to Joel and Fred for raising the topic of "clunker" and to
Charlie and Ben for noting the alternative spelling "klunker". Here is
a 1930 citation.

Cite: 1930 February 26, Seattle Daily Times, Pictorial Notes on
Current News, Photo Caption, Page 32, Seattle, Washington.
(GenealogyBank)

HIS HONOR RIDES—Mayor Frank Edwards as he appeared yesterday on his
mighty charger for the opening of the Automobile Show of 1930, with
Cap'n Dobbsie riding a "klunker," one of the show exhibits.

The picture shows the mayor on a horse and the Captain in a car adjacent.

Garson