odds & ends from CNN

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 23 15:16:50 UTC 2011

Yesterday an Ohio State Senator said emphatically that "any connection"
between collective bargaining and the state's budget shortfall is "a
complete misnomer."  She used "misnomer" in this way at least twice.  Common
but most annoying,
She also explained that the state employees' unions have "taken many
concessions."  She said that twice also. It means they made them.

Before mentioning an event of 35 years ago, an anchor said, "And now we go
retro!"  That means think about the past.

JL