Odd baby names in "frontier" states

Michael McKernan mckernan51 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 27 21:02:21 UTC 2011

I believe that Arizona, the last frontier state of the "lower 48" does not
appear on the male top-10 odd-name list, and is only 7th on the female list.

But one would suppose there are plenty of Hispanic and Native American given
names here.

Arizona should qualify as "Mountain West"...not to mention  "Wild West."
And no one dare claim to exceed Arizona in individualism...them's fightin'
words, and we'll sic Sherriff Arpaio on anyone who tries to
out-individualizs us!  The Arizona Senate is probably even now drawing up a
Defense of Individualism Act, and planning to lock up
popular-name-conformists wherever they show their ugly IDs.  We do need some
help on how to ethnically/racially profile them, since many probably have
false IDs (wouldn't you?).

Michael McKernan
Benson, Arizona