Q: [Ho?]ly {T?]umpin[s?]

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Jan 2 16:51:02 UTC 2011

In an EAN article with rude type, I read,as best I can make out, in a
description of Christmas/New Year's celebrations:

"... The stuck up folks who tried to break up the custom of visiting
... hauled in their horns this year, and were glad enough to do as
other folks, and as you see they kept themselves out of hot water[.]
I guess they'd have got a serrynadin from the [Ho?]ly {T?]umpin[s?]
if they had not conformed to the order of day. One feller told me
he['] got a tom cat in trainin on purpose; and he could make
caterwaul a tune like a pianer forty."

 From the Republican Star and General Advertiser [Easton, Maryland],
1832 Jan. 31, 4/1.  [EAN]

What is [Ho?]ly {T?]umpin[s?] ?