Yogi and "too crowded" [Was: Nice piece by Fred in YAM]

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Jan 10 21:07:30 UTC 2011

Nice piece.

Fred wrote:
     Now I know why nobody ever comes here; it’s too crowded.

Yogi Berra had a gift for pronouncements that are
nonsensical in literal terms yet make perfect
sense. This one is included in several Internet
compilations of his aphorisms—but its first use
was in 1941, when Yogi was only 16. It appeared
in the Helena Independent, a Montana newspaper;
the writer attributed it to a "flutterbrained cutie named Suzanne Ridgeway."

What about the related "This place has become so
popular no one comes here any more"?

Joel