from "blood libel" to "pogrom"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 15 04:42:38 UTC 2011

Now, now. There you go again!  Was the "war" on poverty really a war? Of
course not! When America's young people say the latest musical bebop number
or something is "killer!" do they mean it really kills?  No again!

So obviously any mean criticism of a political position is just as much a
"blood libel" or a "pogrom" or "genocide" (good one!) as anything else.

As St. Humpty might have said to Alice: "Prove me wrong, O ye
prescriptivists!"

JL