from "blood libel" to "pogrom"

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Sat Jan 15 12:23:20 UTC 2011

These are the two most explicit calls for violence that I've been able to
find. Note that Angle does not actually call for violence, only providing
analysis that it would be likely if the Tea Party candidates did not win.

Sharron Angle, Republican candidate for US Senator from Nevada, said in an
interview (date of interview unknown, reported on 16 June 2010) said, "And
you know, I'm hoping that we're not getting to Second Amendment remedies. I
hope the vote will be the cure for the Harry Reid problems."

And the Reno Gazette Journal reported on 30 May 2010 that Angle said, "We're
called as Americans to be vigilant to protect our liberty," she said in a
recent interview. "At some point in each of our lives, we're called to
service to defend and protect our Constitution. [...?] What is a little bit
disconcerting and concerning is the inability for sporting goods stores to
keep ammunition in stock," she said. "That tells me the nation is arming.
What are they arming for if it isn't that they are so distrustful of their
government? They're afraid they'll have to fight for their liberty in more
Second Amendment kinds of ways? [...?] That's why I look at this as almost
an imperative. If we don't win at the ballot box, what will be the next
step?" (There may be elisions in what she said. The way the quote is
presented in the article, it's not clear whether this is a continuous,
complete statement.)
http://www.rgj.com/article/20100530/NEWS19/5300350/1232/Sharron-Angle-s-cons
ervative-credentials-wins-support-of-activist-armyIn

And Joyce Kaufman, right-wing radio-show host and staffer for a Republican
candidate said at a rally on 3 July 2010, " I am convinced the most
important thing the Founding Fathers did to ensure me my First Amendment
rights was they gave me a Second Amendment. And if ballots don't work,
bullets will." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB7g3y597fs (quote is right at
the 6:00 min mark)