verse

Thu Jan 20 23:32:27 UTC 2011

Here are some examples of "verse" meaning "universe" (or fragment of a
multiverse) that appear to be derived by clipping the prefix "uni" or
multi". A "verse" can also refer to a subjective or quasi-objective
viewpoint. This interpretation depends on the philosophical stance of
the person employing the word.
In reverse chronological order:

Date: 2008 (Google Books Preview)
Title: Memoir - A Creative Journey to Another Universe
Author: James Weinstein
Publisher: Lulu.com, 2008

Max Tegmark a leading cosmologist said: "A common feature of all four
multiverse levels is that the simplest and arguably most elegant
theory involves parallel verses by default. To deny the existence of
those verses, one needs to complicate the theory by adding
experimentally unsupported processes and ad hoc postulates: finite
space, wave function collapse and ontological asymmetry.

http://books.google.com/books?id=PrThcmbnjvEC&q=verses#v=snippet&