authentic = 'realistic in one's attitudes'

Ronald Butters ronbutters at AOL.COM
Mon Jan 24 02:35:32 UTC 2011

I meant "sort of Orwellian" as a sort of lazy reference to the novel _1984_ in which words are used in a way that empties them of their original meaning. Not a 100% accurate usage (which is why I said 'sort of'). Yoou could say In was using "Orwellian" sort of the same way that JL's self-improvement author was using "authentic"--to summon up a nebulous family of assocaiotons.