modality = 'kind'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 27 17:28:49 UTC 2011

'...especially social class, gender orientation, or ethnicity.'

A well-educated guest on CNN was explaining that, in his his last job, he
had "prepared educational curricula for people of all modalities."

Before we ridicule this usage, consider that he (and presumably others) may
assume that even naming such "modalities" might be considered
"controversial" by some.

The speaker was hoping that his appearance on CNN might lead to a good new
job.

OK, now we can ridicule.

JL