"Hot Dog" article in The Atlantic (June 2)

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Sun Jul 3 03:27:44 UTC 2011

An article on "hot dog" appeared in The Atlantic today (June 2):

ahttp://www.theatlantic.com/life/archive/2011/07/the-hot-dog-files-12-tal
es-from-americas-era-of-sausage-hating/241338/

Its author was evidently unaware of the extensive research that Barry Popik, David Shulman, and I have done on this term  (book: Origin Of The Term "Hot Dog", 2004).  If he ever decides to treat the subject again, he need only request assistance from  Popik or me (David Shulman is no longer alive), and we would be happy to provide it.  Several other members of ads-l would also be well qualified to provide help.

Gerald Cohen