Phrase: the old, slam-bang, thank-you-ma'ams (automobile tires circa 1925 probably)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 8 07:41:33 UTC 2011

_Bip-bam..._ is a BE variant. Always with sexual refs, IME. It was
primarily known as the punch line of a lame, long-since forgotten
joke. It was most recently - the mid-'50's, again, IME - heard in a
song by Clyde McPhatter & The Drifters, in which it gave a coarse,
sexual frisson to an otherwise-innocuous little ditty.

--
-Wilson
-----