"uterus" an indecorous word? ("slut" in the news)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 9 02:58:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Darla Wells <lethe9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fanny Pack

A perfect example of the clear efficacy of U.S.-Style sex-"education."

Back in my day, the only exposure to anything approaching academic
instruction WRT sex was Hygiene 101, first semester, freshman year,
1954. The course covered in excruciatingly-boring detail the menstrual
cycle from beginning to end. And nothing else. That was the only clue
that the course was "sex-ed" and not about employees washing hands.

Had they had only what passed for sex-ed when *I* was their age, they
would have had to go with _corpus luteum_ as their clean, Latin
cover-term!

--
-Wilson
-----