("slut" in the news)

Sat Jul 9 08:10:46 UTC 2011

Every period on the period? This was not a course, it was an obsession.

Re: SLUT
I remember overhearing this conversation between two teenage girls a number of years ago:

S1: Does Patty do it?
S2: Patty? That slanky slut is a H.

As the Marquee will have to say if Broadway starts to do early English plays, "Tis a Pity She's a H"!
Wilson wrote:

Back in my day, the only exposure to anything approaching academic
instruction WRT sex was Hygiene 101, first semester, freshman year,
1954. The course covered in excruciatingly-boring detail the menstrual
cycle from beginning to end. And nothing else. That was the only clue
that the course was "sex-ed" and not about employees washing hands.

Had they had only what passed for sex-ed when *I* was their age, they
would have had to go with _corpus luteum_ as their clean, Latin
cover-term!

--
-Wilson