"They was trying to hand me out a flyer."

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 12 18:41:09 UTC 2011

I think the phrase 'clangs' because the 'me out' combination is usually used
in situations where 'out' means 'away from here':

Take me out to the ballgame

or is non-directional:

bawl me out

The 'out' in the phrase in question goes in the wrong direction for 'me'.

DanG