the "out years"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 15 17:35:33 UTC 2011

"Some indefinite time in the future," indeed, but still in a
budget-planning, apocalypse-averting  context.

He was contrasting people who receive SS and Medicare benefits now with
those who will do so in "the out years,"  or, as we used to call them,
"later."  He doesn't want current recipients to be affected by budget cuts.

JL