consect

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 18 22:31:41 UTC 2011

I've heard back from all but two lawyers and law profs whom I asked about
"consec[t]" and "concur". All of them have experience with criminal law--two
were federal prosecutors, one an ethics adviser, the rest worked on state
cases. Not one admitted to having ever heard either expression as a verb.
Two have heard "consec" as an adjective. I've heard "consec" once or twice
being short for "consecutive sentence" (so N replacing NP), but the verb
might have been an unusual abbreviation either for that one individual who
said it or for a group with whom he regularly exchange communication. If so,
it does not appear to have spread to MA, IL or WI (one correspondent was a
federal prosecutor who covers cases from Missouri to California, but he also
never heard the expressions in any form).

VS-)