"blank stare"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 30 11:37:26 UTC 2011

Sounds like the first attempt to deal directly with anger management in
verse. Beowulf didn't worry about that sort of thing.

I think I see a higher proportion of blank-stare types on campus than
elsewhere. That includes both the teachers and the taught.

What ever happened to those dynamic "marks of weakness, marks of woe" that
Blake observed in the good old days?

But, as is so often the case, I generalize too glibly.

JL