Not in HDAS?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 2 12:32:51 UTC 2011

My innocent interpretation of "Deadbone" was that it was just an arbitrary
name for a cartoon strip.  That's the only association I have with it.

And I know "Stavin' Chain" only as the title of a bawdy African-American
folksong - sung, e.g., in a tame by "Tricky Sam" of the Texas State
Penitentiary at Huntsville for John and Alan Lomax in 1934.

It starts out, "Stavin' Chain was a man like this...."

What's a real stavin' chain anyway? What's the connection with what you
said?

JL