Springfield

Joanne Despres jdespres at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Thu Jun 2 13:45:46 UTC 2011

Amy:  I plan to check out the scene downtown during lunch break.  From what I understand, the worst of the damage was in the Red Rose Pizzeria's neighborhood rather than the Student Prince's.  If the thought of our citation files strewn all over Springfield is disturbing to you, I can just imagine how nervous you must be about the fate of the steins and antique corkscrews at the SP.

Joanne

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Amy West
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 9:25 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Springfield

One of my former co-workers has posted that she's at work at
Merriam-Webster, where there's power, unlike at home. Other
friends/co-workers have been posting that they're OK, so it looks like
the Springfield lexicographic community is intact.

(After worrying about the people, then I had nightmare visions of the
M-W cit files strewn all over the city. And then I worried about the
fabulous German restaurant, the Student Prince.)

--
---Amy West