egress/ingress

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Jun 13 00:36:37 UTC 2011

Victor, I'm surprised you got through your whole review of "egress"
(and "ingress") without touching on the classic (and I hope not
apocryphal) tale of how P. T. Barnum would put up a large sign at his
side show declaring "THIS WAY TO THE EGRESS!", luring the
suckers...er, customers to walk through the velvet curtains and find
themselves out on the street.

LH