Colloquialism: to see a man about a dog (antedating 1865 November)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Jun 15 17:12:37 UTC 2011

I remember it as "see a man about a horse", which I see is included
as an alterant at the wikipedia site.  Isogloss, anyone?  (Although I
admit that in my native NYC, it would have been more of a challenge
to find a horse than a dog to see a man about.)

LH