Missed-point dept.

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 19 22:21:49 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> A. You mean it's racist to be black?
>
> G. No. But it's racist to say somebody else is.

Different strokes, Jon.;-)

Besides, she's just a pre-teen. There are adults who'll tell you with
a straight face that affirmative action is the cause of racism and
genderism.

O.T. I've never been able to understand how referring to employees as
mere "human resources" - right up there with additional resources,
unused resources, underexploited resources, unnecessary resources,
underutilized resources, etc. -can be considered to be more P.C. than
the old custom of referring to them (us) as "personnel."

--
-Wilson
-----