QOTY? -- "hiding in plain sight"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Jun 26 02:51:33 UTC 2011

I was not referring (or not not referring, if you prefer) to the
phrase as "used by the Boston Globe to enumerate known contacts
Bulger made in Massachusetts and NY since going into hiding", which
means through 16 years, but rather to the phrase as used by Boston
media to refer to Bulger living openly near the Santa Monica Pier, as
discovered this year.

And if Garson is correct that "Tight deadlines combined with lethargy
may cause headline writers to use it again soon.", then doesn't it
become even more the QOTY?

Joel