"spa" = 'neighborhood grocery store', aka 'convenience store'?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Mar 1 16:16:52 UTC 2011

At 3/1/2011 10:22 AM, Joel S. Berson wrote:
>When I was searching yesterday, I did get via Google some hits that
>looked like business directory listings --  a la "Smith's Spa" classified
>as "grocery".  I'll see if I can reconstruct that.

An interim report -- Googling Places for "spa" + "grocery"
immediately gives a few in eastern Massachusetts that are groceries
-- Palace Spa in Brighton (GCategory supermarket), Sam's Spa
Convenience in Everett (upermarket), Andover Spa in Andover (grocery
store), Hillside Spa Cardoza Brothers in Dorchester (convenience
store), and the now-famous Montrose Spa (now restaurant) and Oxford
Spa (now cafe/sandwich shop/coffee shop/American restaurant).

Joel