the rare

Wed Mar 2 12:21:48 UTC 2011

"blame"? Don't we live in the land of the free and the home of the brave? Where we strive for the noble and find the exotic attractive? And strive to ignore the meritricious?
------Original Message------
From: Victor Steinbok
Sender: ADS-L
To: ADS-L
ReplyTo: ADS-L
Subject: [ADS-L] the rare
Sent: Mar 1, 2011 3:54 PM

Arnold Zwicky recently posted on nouning of adjectives on his blog.
Here's an addition recent example that does not fall into one of the
previously described categories.

The headline is "Opinion: When to hunt the rare", which refers to the
question of possible benefits of hunting of endangered or otherwise
protected species. I suppose, one could just blame it on the headline stub.

     VS-)