Need a word!

Sun Mar 6 21:50:39 UTC 2011

One way to approach this type of question involves using a reverse
dictionary to suggest possible answers, e.g.,

OneLook Reverse Dictionary
http://www.onelook.com/reverse-dictionary.shtml

One must sort through some unhelpful responses, but "orchardist" does
appear in the reverse dictionary list for "orchard", and that accords
with Bill Palmer's suggestion. The terms vineyardist, vinedresser, and
winegrower were obtained from the reverse dictionary list for
"vineyard".

Apologies to those who consider this tip to obvious to mention. (The
questioner may have already employed it before he made his query.)
Yet, I hope that it is useful for some readers.