Another logical reversal

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 9 16:56:18 UTC 2011

CNN explains that "it's a myth that your income is tied to your credit
score."  After saying it, they put the words up on the screen, as
though people assume they get paid according to what the credit companies
tell their employers to pay them.

But, as CNN wisely observes, your income is not tied to your credit score.

I can understand how - in theory - "tied to" could be neutral. But in fact
it isn't. What is of lesser importance is "tied to" and dependent upon that
of greater.

Except in Inglish. I wonder whose ancestors offered to borrow the idea to
CNN, or if CNN just substituted another for it.

JL