Albright College slang (1938) - bimb(o)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 11 02:32:27 UTC 2011

Cf. the assertion (which I've never double-checked) that the French of some
earlier century referred to British soldiers as "les goddams."

Or, if you insist: http://www.anu.edu.au/andc/res/aus_words/wwi/C.php

Scroll down to "cark...".

The ultimate source is a 1920s glossary of Australian soldier slang of 1918.

JL