first comes love...

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 12 19:22:40 UTC 2011

Slight correction: Wordnik has 26 citations, not 2 (and all appear to be
correct). I failed to click "More". Not sure how far back it goes, but
among the 26, adjectival uses are common, although many are "[be]
gay-married" and "[get] gay-married". And there are occasional straight
verbs (e.g., "X gay-married Y", etc.).

     VS-)

PS: Bracketed parts signify multiple forms of the copula, not absent
material, in this case. I am usually hesitant to refer to
participle-formed adjectives as adjectives, except in obvious cases ("a
gay-married couple"), and avoid tying examples of this kind (be/get +
ppl) to adjectives at all. Probably comes from being undereducated.