tragedy plus time (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tue Mar 15 19:49:37 UTC 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

The Steve Allen quote appears a few days earlier in the _Bakersfield
Californian_ 7/21/1958 p. 21 col 1 (Newspaperarchive)

Behalf Of

----------------------

------
> -
>
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Shapiro, Fred wrote:
> >
> > This is usually attributed to Carol Burnett or Woody Allen, but both
of
> those
> > attributions are probably apocryphal like the Twain one.  In 2004
Barry

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0403B&L=ADS-L&P=R10225

> Steve Allen was quoted saying it in a July 25, 1958 UPI article:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=QMpCAAAAIBAJ&sjid=iKsMAAAAIBAJ&pg=7
195,11