Jazz, was:RE: [ADS-L] Q: "Earliest written reference to baseball"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 16 17:14:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think
> there's any likelihood, based on available evidence, that Scots _jass_ is
> related to -jazz_.

Well, if you feel that was, go 'head on. However, I'm surprised that
you have chosen not to speak to the batting-about of children in
14th-century Switzerland and its connection to the subsequent game in
which the batting-about of a ball in the  United States 20th-century
et seq. holds such a prominent part.

Or something like that. ;-)
--
-Wilson