sight over hall

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Tue Mar 22 01:48:41 UTC 2011

A guy I work with produces a variety of interesting reconstruals.*
When talking about a site overhaul (i.e., freshening up a website),
he called it a sight over hall. (I think it was also he who recently
spoke of doing something in a timely manor.)

Google doesn't come up with other examples of "sight over hall,"
though site > sight and overhaul > over hall are both common enough.

*I hesitate to call them eggcorns because I don't see how they could
seem to make more sense (other than using more familiar words) than
what they're replacing.

James Harbeck.