assassination

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 23 17:29:45 UTC 2011

What about the distinction between assassination and execution?

For example, we talk of "gangland executions", not "gangland
assassinations".

Does the mechanism of murder matter? If a bomb or an anthrax filled letter
is sent to a named addressee, is that less "assassinative" than a sniper
rifle, even though the target is specified?

DanG