kinetic

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 26 15:30:47 UTC 2011

A commentator on CNN describes operations against Libya as "a kinetic
military event."

In this instance, it's simply a pretentious, redundant description (with
"kinetic" essentially meaning "dynamic" or "fluid") and not (as some might
assume) a propaganda euphemism.
The context was something like, "Well, this is a kinetic military event and
so Obama needs to blah blah blah...."

JL