a "thats" possessive on the national news

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Mar 26 15:56:34 UTC 2011

I don't think I can search for "that's" in 19th Century U.S.
Newspapers -- the apostrophe gives this database fits, it seems to be
treated like a (closing) quotation mark.  (Try searching for "that's"
without quotation marks.)  No instances of "thats time has come" (quoted).

Four of "whose time has come".

Joel